Introduction

I've decided to start writing a regular series of short bike tips and safety information during this difficult time of social distancing measures due to the Covid-19 pandemic of 2020. Health professionals stress the need for outdoor exercise even now, especially now. Like other regular exercise, biking can help keep you healthy longer. I've been very happy to see many more people out on bikes than I usually see this early in the year!

I believe that biking is fun and reasonably safe, and I like to do what I can to encourage it. I imagine that some of you may be getting back to it as adults after some time away, or maybe have never biked very much before. Maybe you are a parent of a child just learning, or maybe even you yourself are just learning!

One thing I have decided to do to help others during this challenging time is offer some basic free bike help, if you have questions or concerns. Post them in the comments and I'll be happy to address them. For people local to Westbrook, Maine, USA, I’m offering some basic in-person service, with appropriate required social distancing and virus-safe bike cleaning. Please email me at johnbrooking4 @ gmail.com to inquire about these in-person services.


See my profile for more about my qualifications, or see my bicycling résumé.

Let's get out there and enjoy the ride (safely)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Layers of Bike Safety: Tying it All Together

A Maine International Bike Ride

Light Up Your (Bike) Life